Sunday 14 August 2016

Dublin

This post is going up a bit late BUT I did go to Dublin for a few days with some of my friends recently. I'd been once already prior to this trip but I was so young that I thought that dipping my finger in the foam on top of my Grandad's Guinness to see what it tasted like was an  extremely rebellious act. 



We stayed in the loveliest little hostel in a great location not far from most of the main attractions. It was called Generator Hostel and was full of young travellers. The room was small but cute and had all of the necessities, the place was clean and they even served Pizza in the bar downstairs. We also stayed in one night for a pub quiz which was a lot of fun!


We had heard some rumours that the main typically "Irish" area was called Temple Bar and it was a must to visit however very pricey. This was true, the drinks were expensive, but saying that nearly every part of the trip was expensive. Two of us actually ran out of Euros in the mere 3-4 days we were there for. Temple Bar area on the other hand was worth the money, there was traditional Irish music playing at all times and we really enjoyed drinking there. 



The highlight of the whole trip for me, was the Leprechaun Museum! We really enjoyed hearing all of the folk stories and tales about the origins of Leprechauns. It even had some giant furniture in the museum in order for us to have a taste of being as small as a Leprechaun. 


All in all, Dublin was so nice, luckily for us it was very sunny so we had a nice time sitting out in the street listening to buskers and people watching. Many things we visited and places we ate or drank in were definitely overpriced but I would still highly recommend a visit there to experience the City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment