Saturday 27 May 2017

Post-University Blues


It has been a year since leaving University. Granted, I didn’t really like my course and most definitely didn’t have the typical, fabulous University experience that everyone hopes for. However, I did enjoy my University experience as a whole.
I love the City of Liverpool, it’s always been in my heart and moving there was always a dream come true for me. I met friends, I met my boyfriend, I got a law degree and I grew as a person more than I can ever imagine due to my time at LJMU. But I was definitely relieved for it to be over…. at the time.


Advice to any third years, if you’re considering a masters, I’d now tell you to just do it. I didn’t do one, as I had no interest in Law. However, I have sat here in the sheep-filled valleys of Wales and watched all of my old course mates post photos on Facebook and Instagram, in the library together, going for drinks, late night revision session, brunches and parties, it’s actually made me wish I stayed on for another year.



Since leaving, I searched for a job, filled in application forms, had interviews and eventually landed a brilliant little job as a teaching assistant in a primary school. I have enjoyed it so much, I’ve loved every minute of it, but it’s still not filling the hole, which I seem to have possessed. I don’t know what it is but I still feel like something is missing, I’m not happy.


I want to move back to Liverpool. Back to the City that changed me for the better. Living back in Wales cannot fulfil me anymore, now I know what it’s like to live high up in a studio flat overlooking the bustling, musical, cultural City that I have fallen in love with. Don’t get me wrong, where I live in Wales is indescribably beautiful, safe, lovely and I’d always love to retire here when I’m older but everyone who knows me, knows at this age, I’m a City kind of girl. I even believe that I could have got through and dealt with the painful, boring studying and revision you must undertake to achieve a Law Masters if it meant I could stay there that extra year. I will move back. Watch this space Liverpool, your gals coming back.


Ally xo




No comments:

Post a Comment